Sunday, June 20, 2010
Council Rejects Sanctions
In a stunning move today the High Council rejected the government’s plan to introduce a blanket embargo against the nation of Borucistan for its actions in the Rogue Missile Crisis that resulted in the death of a man. The Council opposed the introduction of such “premature” policy, saying that the President and his Cabinet had not fully utilized diplomatic negotiation.
Grand Councilor Hank Ooda spoke to press representatives outside of the Council chambers, defending the decision of the Council.
“President Lyons got caught in the frenzy and excitement following the tragic death of Mr. Crane. He and his government lacked the foresight needed in this situation; it could have led to war”
President Lyons also spoke briefly about the Council’s decision.
“I understand their argument and have to admit I agree with some points of their final judgment. That said I do not want to comment further until I have had a chance to talk with the Cabinet and my advisors.”
The Council rarely rejects a Presidential submission; indeed there are only a handful of such events in the history of democratic Hindopia. However the Council’s decisions are not legally binding as the Council serves an advisory position only.
If President Lyons decides to disregard the ruling then he is free to do so although he may suffer an outcry from the public; The Council is widely revered and respected and its decisions hold much weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment